Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a vital Digital marketing strategy for a business. It means the use of Social media platforms and websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. to promote a product or service. Most social media platforms have built-in data analytics tools, which enable companies to track the progress, success and engagement of ad companies.
To make the social media marketing more effective, marketers should allow the potential users to post their content, ie., user-generated content (product reviews, comments etc.) about your business. In other words, SMM is a form of Internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content about your business in various social media platforms and to receive the comments and reviews from the users to achieve your marketing goals.
The main steps in a Social Media Marketing strategy:
- Make your own social media page such as Facebook, Twitter etc. Then optimize your page with photos, cover page, Bio-data, url etc.
- Target your audience who are interested in your products or services based on age, location, job title, income, their needs that your business can give and their most used social networks.
- Create your social media goal. You should create your content in social media by keep the customer needs in mind. The content should reflect your identity very clearly to the viewers.
- Identify your key success metrics by considering the factors in social media such as conversion rate, time spent by a user in the website, reach rate of a post, your brand mentions by a user and total shares of your posts.
- You should always create a catchy content such as Images, Videos, Blog posts, Company news, eBooks, Info graphics and Interviews by considering your ideal customers.
- Make use of a social media management tool such as Hootsuite, Buffer etc. for easy posting and scheduling your posts in various social media networks.
- Alternatively track your results and analyse and optimize your social media page according to the results. This is one of the most important steps in social media marketing.
A great social media strategy is never get in stone. It is a constant work in progress that changes when necessary.