Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is an online advertising strategy in which the marketer can display ads for their goods and services in various search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. so that people can find their ad when they search for their needs. The marketer will charge their clients only for every click that a customer makes for their ad, hence the name Pay-Per-Click.
Pay-Per-Click Advertising is also referred to as Keyword Advertising as it is due to the keyword searching by the customer.
Steps to create an effective PPC strategy
- Goal setting: Before posting an ad, identify the real objective of the ad. It can be brand awareness, lead generation, to increase your website traffic or increase the sales of your products. For each objective, plan your ad strategy.
- Choosing the suitable platform: Though there are various platforms are available for PPC such as search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and social media channels like Facebook, Twitter etc., you should choose a suitable platform for your ad.
- Targeting the plan: After choosing a suitable platform for your ad, you have to target some relevant audience for your ad such as target some audience from a specific area or device.
- Geo-targeting: This type of targeting allows your ads to appear in a specific location such as within a country, city, and certain areas or within some location groups. This will help to increase your ROI (Return On Investment). Right geographic region can significantly help you optimize your ad for better results.
- Device Targeting: This targeting helps you to reach your customer through any device such as different mobile devices and operating systems.
- Keyword Research: Search for some relevant keywords for your business and identify long-tail, low-cost and high relevant keywords. Remove the keywords which are high cost and under performing.
- Finally write a catchy text for your ad: Ad text is the form of marketing communication that a marketer can use to promote their client’s business in the search platforms. A successful ad should contain one of your core keyword, some discounts, promotions and a call to action. Ad text should be unique and appealing.
- Optimize your website in which your ad is landing: Every search engine like Google considers your landing page quality as one of the important factor to determine ad quality score. Customers will not make business with you if you make them land in an irrelevant page. So your landing page should be well optimized by adding buttons like “Subscribe” and “Buy Now”.
- Don’t forget to monitor competitors: Always try to create an ad better than your competitors. Bench marking is the important key factor for any type of marketing.
As mentioned above, PPC has many steps to make it a perfect marketing strategy. Pay-Per-Click is not a “set it and forget it” strategy. It needs lot of hard work and research to get each and every ‘click’ from your customer.